If you’re planning to take the Best IELTS Coaching in Chandigarh , then this blog is for you:
Chandigarh, the beautiful city, has always been a favourite educational destination not only for the Indian students but also for the ones coming from alien countries to seek education. Over the past few decades, the craze of migration to foreign countries has shown tremendous growth among the youngsters. As the result, several IELTS institutes can be found today in every nook and corner of this city.
Let’s find out what IELTS is:
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most prominent English language test taken for work, study and migration. It examines the proficiency of an individual in English by analyzing it from four different aspects – Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing.
It is the mandatory exam which is supposed to be taken by the students, skilled workers or migrates who want to move to a foreign land. It tests the ability of an individual in the English language at four levels, namely:
Listening: This part of the test contains 40 questions divided into 4 different sections. Audio is played for one time only which mostly consists of dialogues and monologues. This audio extends up to 35-40 minutes and once the audio is played, 10 minutes are given to the candidates on the answer sheet.
Reading: This part of the test contains 40 questions divided into 3 sections consisting of different comprehensions or passages. Candidates get 60 minutes to complete their reading section and no extra time is given for transferring the answers to the answer sheet. Reading test is different for Academics and GT.
Writing: This part gives 60 minutes to complete the section and comprises two tasks –
Task 1 – consists of graphs, charts, diagrams, etc. for Academics and letter writing for GT candidates.
Task 2 – consists of essay writing for both modules.
Speaking: This section takes around 15-20 minutes. Here, one on one interaction is conducted between the examiner and the student which is divided into three parts. In part 1, the examiner asks the candidate about his interests, general ideas and hobbies. This part covers around 5-7 minutes. In part 2, a cue card is given to the candidate and he is supposed to speak on the topic for 2 minutes this part takes not more than 3-4 minutes to complete. Lastly, in part 3, the examiner indulges the student in a discussion of the given topic by asking some questions related to the same.
Thus, the total test duration of an IELTS exam is 2 hours and 45 minutes where the Listening, Reading and Writing sections are conducted in a single sitting. Speaking is conducted either before or after the day of the written test and takes an additional 15-20 minutes.
Furthermore, this test can be taken either on a computer or on paper, entirely depending on the choice and convenience of the test takers. On a computer-based test, the above-mentioned first three modules are taken on a computer while speaking is conducted on one on one basis with the examiner. Similar to that, a paper-based test conducts Listening, Reading and Writing on a paper whereas the norms for the speaking module remain the same.
Apart from the medium of conducting the test, the other difference between these two modes is the time taken for the declaration of the result. Where the test results of a paper-based IELTS are declared after 13 calendar days, the results announcement in the other medium is quite quick i.e. a student would have his results in his hands within 3-5 days of taking the test.
1. Academic IELTS Test: It is conducted to check the proficiency of students who wish to move abroad for higher studies.
2. General Training (GT) IELTS Test: It is taken by the candidates who wish to migrate for better job opportunities or permanent residency.
There is not much difference in both types except for the topics covered in the Reading and Writing Section. The Academic test topics are based on the student life or professional institutes whereas the GT test topics are built on general interest. The Speaking and Listening module is the same irrespective of the type of test taken by the prospects.
Is IELTS mandatory?
Yes, IELTS is mandatory if you’re planning to migrate to English-speaking countries such as Australia, the UK, New Zealand, the USA, and Canada. However, some universities consider TOEFL too if you want to skip IELTS. Also, Australia accepts PTE scores and UK approves UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) as a mandatory English test for migrating to the respective countries.
When deciding on the best institute to seek knowledge and practice of the IELTS test, one tends to opt for an institute offering desired experience and resources. Established in the centre of the city, Navigators Overseas Solutions Pvt.Ltd is the first name that pops into one’s mind while looking for the best IELTS institute in Chandigarh. It is fully equipped with essential resources to aid the learning process of the test takers and has an exceptional experience of 26 years of excellent service in this sector. It has become a household name not only for the inhabitants of the city but also for the adjoining areas of residence. Students get enrolled from different parts of North India to seek services from this institute.
Why Navigators Overseas?
- Track record of achieving an average of 7.0 band score by the old students.
- Individual attention to the students to cater to their unique needs and requirements regarding the English proficiency test.
- Induction classes are given to the first-time test takers so as to enable them to become acquainted with the test.
- The classes cover all four modules every day and a class extends up to 4 hours a day.
- Weekly mock tests are conducted to evaluate the performance of the student. It gives the candidate real-life exam experience and prepares them for the actual test.
- Students are evaluated beforehand so that separate grammar and spoken English classes could be planned for them depending on the need of the students.
- Free study material is provided to the students to assist them in the preparations.
- Limited class size to enable proper learning by the students.
- Extra classes are provided to the weak students free of cost.
Other Services Provided by the Company:
- Student counselling for selection of country.
- Study visa application and processing for Undergraduate, Diploma, Master’s, Doctorate, and all types of courses in the country of your choice.
- Expert advice on living, travel, and accommodation.
- Preparation for Visa Interview.
- Facilitating the clients with resources comprising directories of universities and colleges.
- Identifying loan or scholarship opportunities.
- Pre-departure briefing and support post-arrival.
- Monitoring in filling up application forms and other documents, i.e., guiding the clients as to where to get them translated.
- E-visa services.
If you are one of those people who want to study abroad, or you want to know more information about the IELTS exam Academic and General Training tests, and more. We can always be here to help you. Visit https://navigatorsoverseas.com/ or Call /WhatsApp Now:+91 98090 90908.