for COVID-19 travel & immigration updates
Notice for COVID-19
Looking into the current situation of the world due to covid-19. all around the globe a total no. of 3193886 bringing the total death rate to 7%. which is affecting the study intakes at present.
- Universities are giving benefits to the students by providing online support along with giving the students an opportunity to work extra hours
- Students are also being offered an IELTS waiver along with 25% scholarships.
- Intakes likely to be deferred from July 2020 to Feb 2021
- Certain universities have begun online classes
- Minimum Cases of covid 19
- Certain steps have been taken for the safety of international students
- International students shall be provided with free health if affected by covid 19
- Part-time working students covered under govt. wage subsidy
- Students working with supermarts can work full-time till next month but the ones associated with health cares for the next three months
- Students who were not able to return back India have been offered hostel facilities for their safe care
- Visa due to expire between 1st April to 9th July 2020 extended till 25 sept 2020
- University work online for counseling and study
The most recent set of changes aims to contain the spread of COVID-19 while also recognizing the important contributions that immigrants, temporary foreign workers, and international students are making to Canada’s COVID-19 response
The most recent set of changes aims to contain the spread of COVID-19 while also recognizing the important contributions that immigrants, temporary foreign workers, and international students are making to Canada’s COVID-19 response Rules for International Students Working in Essential Services
Effective April 22, 2020, the Government of Canada has temporarily removed restrictions on off-campus work for certain international students. International students are currently allowed to work more than 20 hours per week, while classes are in session, so long as:
They are a study permit holder in an academic session
They are eligible to work off-campus
They are providing an essential service or function, such as in health care, critical infrastructure, or the supply of food and other critical goods.
This temporary rule change will be in place until August 31, 2020.