Quebec is Canada’s unseen jewel and was founded by Samuel de Champlain as on 3rd July, 1608.Quebec is the 10th largest province in area and 2nd to Ontario in population out of 13 provinces in Canada.It is a very lively and diverse province located in the eastern and central part of Canada. Its area is 1.668 million km, three times more than France whereas the estimated population of Quebec is near to 8.18 million, out of which more than 50% people are of French origin. It has famous St. Lawrence River in the province.It is the province where two languages are spoken, French and English but the majority of its population is French-speaking as French is the official language. The maximum number of its citizens lives in the city areas near the Saint Lawrence River, between Montreal and Quebec City. The city is majorly into manufacturing, mining, electric power generation, pulp and paper.
Quebec City is the capital of Quebec and has thin flagstone streets, stone buildings, barricades, and is a rich French Canadian nation .
- Summers average temperature is 19.3°C (66.7°F) in July.
- Winters are cold with average temperature in January around -12.8°C (9°F).
- Average annual rain precipitations in Quebec City are 1,190 mm.
Best places to visit in Quebec:
- Nature Centre (Le Centre de la nature)
- Old Quebec
- Mount Royal Park
- Old Montreal
- Notre-Dame Basilica
- Canadian Museum of History
- Le Petit Train du Nord Bike Path
- Lac des Nations
- Gatineau Park
Why International students get attracted?
These days the international students are attracted to Quebec because of its vast range of study programs. They are also attracted because of the favorable tuition rates, ultramodern facilities and stimulating living environment, not to mention the path to Canadian immigration available through the Quebec Experience Program. Thus, the main points of attraction are:
- Students get to experience a unique studying and living experience.
- Students get a chance to learn French while studying.
- The tuition fees charged by Quebec institutions are far less than the tuition fee of institutions of other provinces of Canada.
- In Quebec, the cost of living is very less as compared to other province of Canada.
- Since Quebec is engaged in French-Canadian Culture, students can see French architecture, language, and tradition as a part of Quebec culture.
- The quality of education is outstanding with worldwide recognition.
- Another biggest advantage of studying in Quebec is that the Bachelor Degree programs in Quebec are of 3 years but in rest of the Canada, it is of 4 years.
- One has the option of studying either in English or in French or in both.
- There are 10 universities with dozens of colleges and many schools to choose from.
- Easier to get Permanent residency as compared to other provinces of Canada.
Famous institutions of study in Quebec:
- McGill University
- Canada College
- Dawson College
- University of Montreal
- LaSalle College
- Concordia University
- Bishop University
- Herzing College
Accommodation options for international students:
- Hostel/On Campus
- Dorms or townhouses
- Off-campus accommodation
Transport options in Quebec City:
- Public transport -The public buses in Quebec City are run by the Réseau de Transport de la Capitale (RTC) (www.rtcquebec.ca)
- Car hire
- Bicycle hire
Job opportunities for international students:
- Cashroom Processor
- Internship-Customer service
- Air Combat System Officer
- Admission Officer
- Assistant Professor
- Meeting and Event Coordinator
- Tour guide officer
- Human Resource Assistant
- Purchase Assistant
- Network Administrator Teacher
Part-time jobs options for international students:
- Data Entry Clerk
- Delivery Driver
- Health and Service advisor
- Team Leader
- Customer support – e-commerce
Minimum salary is CAD $12.50 per hour
Another biggest advantage as to why International students gets attracted towards Quebec is that it offers Fast track pathway for Permanent Residency.
Under this category, applications for permanent residency are treated on a priority basis and are generally resulted within less than 12-months. The Québec Experience Program (PEQ) is an accelerated program for selecting skilled workers, with a processing time of 20 days or less. Thus, it is very easy and fast-track process leading to permanent settlement for qualified International students from the province of Quebec.
Thus, for fulfilling your desire of studying in Quebec, Canada, Navigators Overseas Solutions Pvt Ltd is ready to offer full support and will help in every possible way to make your dreams come true. We have been ranked as one of the Best Immigration Consultants by our students. We are also having branches in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Delhi. NAVIGATORS OVERSEAS is the best immigration Consultants in Punjab and is the ideal place for you to visit for your study visa requirements.
For any further queries, please contact or visit our nearest branch. We are the Best Study Visa Consultant in Chandigarh from the last two decades. We have been serving in this industry and bringing smiles on the faces of thousands of prospective students and their families. We are always happy and ready to serve our clients with promised services.
9809090908, 9216234209, 9216234204
NAVIGATORS OVERSEAS SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.
SCO: 437-438, Top Floor,
Sector: 35-C Chandigarh,