UK is one such country which is looked upon by many international students including Indians mainly because of the reason that being an English speaking country, the degrees are acceptable worldwide. Secondly, the high rate of UK pound in comparison to Indian rupee is another attracting factor which pushes the students to choose this country for their higher studies and look for earning avenues after completion. Other than this, the UK government has also introduced number of changes which are favorable for the prospective students coming on a student visa.
- UK would be looking for more and more international students interested in studying over there after their Brexit from Europe.
- The new name of Tier-4 is UK Student visa now.
- Scholarships are available for upcoming Sept 2021 intake and the prospective students can earn up to UK 5000 pounds as scholarship amount.
- Indian International Students will be able to pursue for about 10 lacs.
- Many Top-up programs are available for Indian students. For example, the students who have done GNM from India can apply for the top-up programs available in UK and post completion of their studies become eligible to appear for related exams and can even apply for government job.
- Another advantage is for diploma holders. They can choose to pursue top-up programs available in UK and can earn bachelor’s degree from UK.
- CAS can be issued 6 months before the start date of the program which means that the students can apply for the visa six months before the commencement of their studies.
- After the completion of studies, the international students will be able to stay back for two years and P.hD graduates for three years contrary to earlier approved stay of four months.
- After the completion of course studies, if the candidates are able to get the job in tier-2 companies earning a salary of UK 25300 pounds, they will be able to get their visas extended for three years. Further to this, if they continue to work for five years and are regularly paying the government tax for the same period, they become eligible to apply for ILR i.e. Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK. In simple language the term can be understood as getting PR or Permanent residency of UK.
- Another advantage of getting ILR is that after one year of the same, the candidates would be able to apply for British Passport.
- The Nurses are at an advantage towards getting the ILR as after two years of getting the government job, they become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK.
- The IELTS requirement for various levels of study programs are as below:
For Foundation programs: Overall of 5.5 bands with no less than 5.5 individually
For Bachelors degree programs: Overall IELTS of 6.0 bands not less than 5.5 bands in each module and
For University Masters Degree programs, the requirement is of overall 6.5 bands with no band less than 6.0 for majority of the courses.
- The exception to the above English language requirement is English subject marks in the 12th standard. The students scoring 60% marks in CBSE/ICSE boards and 70% marks in State Boards in XII standard are able to get the IELTS waiver.
- Students who have done their graduation in the year 2018 and are working since then but getting the salary in cash instead of bank need not to provide any proof related to their salary receipts in case they would like to go in for masters program in UK.
Navigators Overseas Solutions Pvt. Ltd, who are the best immigration consultants in the region will be able to help you in your UK study visa. They possess the up-to-date knowledge and information to help solve your admission and visa related queries. For any level of studies in UK, Navigators would help you process your case in quick turnaround time. For all those who are interested in pursuing their studies from UK, below is the quick entry requirement check as far as the percentage or funds related information is concerned.
Entry Criteria for Under Graduate Courses:
Minimum of 60% is required in class 12 for direct entry programs while
Minimum 50% is required in class 12 for the students joining with foundation course
Entry Criteria for Post Graduate Courses:
Minimum of 55% marks in under graduate degree to three year duration and minimum of 50 % marks in under graduate degree with 4years duration.
The latest Tuition Fee charged by the UK institutions are as below:
For the Foundation year, the fee is 12700 GBP per year
For the under graduate programs, the fee is 12700 GBP per year on an average
While for the post graduate program, the tuition fee varies between 13500 GBP-13920 GBP per year
Funds requirement to be shown by international students as far as living expenses are concerned-:
For Inner London, the applicants need to maintain UK 12006 Pounds while for outer London, one has show an amount of UK 9207 Pounds
Pandemic rules to be followed by all international students:
- Students planning to travel to UK have to undergo the two compulsory Covid 19 tests that would cost them around UK 210 pounds and they would be giving the acceptance to this by filling in the information in the form itself.
- They also have to mention in the form about their quarantine stay by selecting the nearby airport and place of location nearby to their university.
- 10 days of quarantine would be compulsory for all the international students entering in the UK on study visa.